Are you looking for the best martial arts that work effectively against multiple attackers? In that case, mixed martial, Muay Thai, and Krav Maga are among the best fighting disciplines that can be used against several assailants.
This article will discuss the most effective martial arts to defend yourself against several aggressors. We’ll also discuss the benefits and disadvantages of these techniques. Stay tuned!
What Are the Best Martial Arts to Use Against Multiple Attackers?
Martial arts teach their practitioners excellent fighting skills. They are beneficial for defending oneself in dangerous street fighting situations. In addition, these disciplines help people get in shape and lose weight, among other benefits.
The following forms of martial arts are effective when defending oneself against multiple assailants. In addition, they can be used in various self-defense scenarios.
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Muay Thai
- Krav Maga
- Filipino Martial arts
- Wing Chun
Mixed Martial Arts
Source: Die Hard Fighting
Mixed Martial Arts, or MMA, is a mash-up of martial arts such as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Muay Thai, Judo, etc. This discipline builds complete warriors who know to fight under any circumstances.
MMA fighters have outstanding physical abilities and are very efficient at knocking out an opponent at a glance. In addition, mixed martial artists developed over time excellent fighting skills, including:
- The ability to use striking or grappling to end a fight, so they can fight while standing or on the ground without panic.
- MMA warriors can properly manage close and long-range combat, thanks to the full contact fighting style and wrestling takedowns.
- The ability to combine kicks, punches, and grappling give MMA players a great edge over their opponents.
Source: Heikki M
Muay Thai, often known as Thai boxing, is a brutal striking combat sport from Thailand. Punches, elbows, kicks, and knees are all used in the Art of Eight Limbs.
Thai boxers have the exceptional physical ability and are adept at knocking opponents at a glance. Furthermore, they honed their hitting abilities throughout time, including:
- Powerful leg kicks for defeating larger and bigger opponents.
- Elbow strikes that shred opponents apart.
- Efficient in close combat techniques due to Thai Boxer’s excellent clinch.
However, Muay Thai is not a complete self-defense martial art since it does not teach ground fighting and takedowns.
Source: Laurie Shaw
Krav Maga is one of the top three fighting techniques that work effectively against multiple attackers. The Israeli martial art is a self-defense-oriented discipline developed out of necessity to protect Jewish people from Nazi aggressors in the years leading up to World War Two.
Aside from that, Krav Maga was inspired by various martial arts, including wrestling, aikido, boxing, judo, and karate. Moreover, it selects the moves from those martial arts that work efficiently to defend oneself in the street against armed or non-armed attackers.
Krav Maga trainees have an exceptional fighting mindset and finish a street fight in less than 5 seconds. This is because they have developed fantastic fighting abilities over time, including:
- Use punches and kicks to defeat an assault.
- Block attack to avoid getting hurt.
- Process explosive submission grappling techniques, including throws, chokeholds, joint locks, etc.
- Process excellent attacks even at a close-range distance.
- Dealing with armed thugs.
Filipino Martial Arts
Source: Las Vegas Kung Fu Academy
The Filipino Martial Arts (FMA) is another fantastic martial art that can be used versus multiple attackers. It is a combat style developed in the Philippines that combines aspects of Western and Eastern martial arts, the most well-known of which are Arnis, Eskrima, and Kali.
Therefore, FMA is one of the most practical and cutting-edge, primarily for self-preservation. Consequently, Filipino martial artists can do fantastic things in a street fight, including:
- Dealing with armed and unarmed by incorporating multiple fighting tactics.
- Using Striking techniques, including Paahan-with large feet, Sikaran, kick backward, Paa Paahan, Paa- foot, and so on, are very effective.
- Process some great grappling techniques, including hold and clinch techniques, chokeholds, etc.
- Use weapons if necessary.
- Counter weapons attacks.
Source: Trend Loops Network
Wing Chun is one of the best martial arts against several attackers in a street fighting situation. It is a form of Southern Chinese Kung Fu Martial Arts founded in 1967, although its definitive origin remains unknown.
Moreover, you will already know what Wing Chun looks like if you have seen the Ip Man movies. Never mind! Consequently, Wing Chun practitioners can do fantastic things to control and win a fight, including:
- Very effective at close-quarters fighting.
- Throw rapid punches and kicks to end a conflict very fast.
- Savage fighting Mindset that doesn’t support giving up mentality.
- Excellent mobility, balance, and fighting fluidity, which helps defeat even multiple attackers.
Source: Heikki M
Kickboxing is a powerful martial art that can be used to defend oneself against several assailants. It is a stand-up fighting sport that originated in Japan in the late 1950s by combining karate and boxing, with influences from Taekwondo, Muay Thai, and Savate martial arts.
Furthermore, American kickboxing emerged in the 1970s. In September 1974, the first World Championships were held. And with Brazilian jiu-jitsu and folk wrestling, this hybrid martial art combines components of several traditional systems. It has become an integral component of mixed martial arts since the 1970s.
So, you may wonder what kickboxers can do in a fighting situation.
Kickboxing fighters can use punching and kicking tactics to hinder their opponents. Other than that, they can employ clinch knees. However, because they lack ground tactics, kickboxers will endeavor to keep the fight standing by whatever means possible.
Source: BRUTAL TV
Learning martial arts is one of the most enjoyable things you can do in your spare time. It will supply you with several exceptional advantages enhancing your health and lifestyle. However, your primary objective should not be to learn them for street fighting since you must avoid this kind of combat.
However, in self-defense situations, there are various practical martial arts against multiple assailants, such as Krav Maga, MMA, Muay Thai, etc.
Furthermore, it is up to you to choose which fighting style will give you the most significant advantages according to your goals, physical ability, orientation, etc.