MMA is a popular combat sport that incorporates techniques from various martial arts disciplines, including Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu, and others. It is a fascinating fighting discipline that piques the interest of millions of fans worldwide. As a result, many people want to know how much MMA classes cost before enrolling.
Mixed martial arts (MMA) classes may range from $150 to $250 per month. However, this cost may vary depending on the gym location, quality of instruction, and other considerations.
Refrain from allowing the cost of training to prevent you from reaping MMA benefits. This article will examine the typical cost of mixed martial arts class training and provide tips for finding low-cost lessons. Keep an eye out!
How Much Do MMA Classes Cost?
MMA classes can range in price from $150 to $250 per month. This cost, however, can vary greatly depending on the membership type, gym location, number of lessons per week, and coaching quality, among other factors.
The table below shows the average cost of mixed martial arts classes per day, month, and year.
|Training Period||MMA Training Fee|
|1 class||$20 – $50|
|5 sessions||up to $85|
|10 sessions||up to $160|
|20 sessions||up to $300|
|30 sessions||up to $400|
|Monthly (unlimited)||$150 – $250|
|Yearly (unlimited)||$1400 – $2400|
The cost of an MMA class varies depending on the Dojo. Mixed martial arts class prices for adults or kids differ from one Dojo to another; see the following example.
|Location||MMA Gym||Monthly Class Cost||Yearly Class Cost|
|North Halsted Street|
|Holcomb Bridge Road |
|True Strength MMA||$120 – $150||$1440 – $1800|
|Hurffville, NJ||WEBB Fitness & MMA||$139 – $179||$1390|
|Fort Wayne, IN||Lee Brothers MMA||$116 – $196||$1390 – $2350|
|Cincinnati, OH||Vision MMA||$80 – $150||$960 – $1800|
|College Park Rd.|
|Black Force MMA||$159 – $229||$1900 – $2700|
|Scottsdale, AZ||Fight Ready||$175 – $249||$2100 – $2980|
|New York||AT JIUJITSU NYC||$140 – $250||$1600 – $2800|
Disclaimer: Please remember that the above prices may vary depending on the location of the mixed martial arts gym, the type of membership, and the time of year. Research and obtain prices directly from the martial arts school for more precise pricing.
Recommended: Profit from the benefits of martial arts training! Learn about martial arts class prices and start your career by clicking here!
Are MMA Classes Expensive Compared to Other Fighting Combat Sports?
MMA classes may cost the same as Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes. However, they may be less expensive than Judo, Karate, and Taekwondo classes.
However, the cost of equipment and gear differs amongst combat sports, which may impact the entire cost. Furthermore, specific gyms or clubs may charge more or less for martial arts classes depending on their reputation and training level.
The table below illustrates the average monthly class fee for various popular fighting techniques such as MMA, Taekwondo, boxing, Karate, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and judo.
|Martial Art||Average Monthly Cost|
|MMA||$150 – $250|
|Muay Thai||$100 – $200|
|Taekwondo||$100 – $150|
|Kickboxing||$80 to $150|
|Boxing||$80 – $200|
|Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu||$150 – $350|
|Karate||$50 – $150|
|Judo||$100 – $200|
Related: Take advantage of the advantages of kickboxing training! Learn more about kickboxing class costs and begin your striking martial arts career now; click here!
Why Do People Choose to Train In MMA Despite Class Fees?
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a fast-rising combat sport in which diverse martial arts techniques are combined to produce an effective and efficient fighting style.
Despite the high expense of MMA training, many individuals pursue it for various reasons.
- Popularity & Effectiveness: MMA is one of the most popular fighting styles that emphasize striking and grappling combat techniques. Aside from its massive popularity, MMA is savagely effective in overcoming opponents, As a consequence, many individuals have started learning this fighting style.
- Effectiveness in Self-Defense: MMA fighters can fight either standing or on the ground, making them very effective in street and self-defense situations.
- Community Belonging: MMA has a strong community based on a shared love of the sport. People that train in MMA often discover a feeling of fellowship and support within the group, making it a pleasant experience.
- Physical Health Benefits: MMA is a full-body workout that burns many calories while improving cardiovascular fitness.
- Mental Health Benefits: MMA is an excellent way to relieve stress and improve one’s mental health.
- Improve Self-Discipline: Mixed martial arts training improves attention, focus, and self-discipline while increasing self-esteem and confidence.
- Passion and Interest: Many individuals train in MMA because they are enthusiastic about this fighting style and want to increase their abilities and knowledge.
- Competitions: Many individuals like the competitive component of combat sports. MMA allows people to challenge themselves and push their limitations via training or fighting.
Related: Take advantage of the advantages of boxing training! Learn more about boxing class costs and begin your martial arts career now; click here!
How Can I Locate Low-Cost Mixed Martial Arts Classes?
A solid MMA lesson at a reasonable price is a fantastic value for your or your children’s training.
Here are some pointers to help you find low-cost MMA training:
- Examine Community Centers: Community centers often provide low-cost martial arts programs, including MMA. For a class schedule and prices, contact your local community center.
- Free Trial Session: Always seek a free training session before buying any MMA class membership. This might be an excellent opportunity to sample a class before committing to a monthly subscription.
- Look for Special Promotions: Many MMA gyms run special promotions, such as discounts for new students or multi-class packages. Keep an eye out for these deals and take advantage of them when they come up.
- Ask Around: Talk to friends, relatives, or coworkers interested in MMA and ask for advice on low-cost training possibilities. For example, they could be aware of a gym that provides low-cost lessons.
- Online Research: Conduct internet research to locate MMA gyms in your region. Compare costs, class schedules, and facilities to discover the most cost-effective alternative.
- Consider Group Courses: Group classes are often less expensive than private instruction. To save money on MMA training, consider joining group courses.
- Consider Online training: If online MMA home training meets your requirements, consider joining. This is because online mixed martial arts courses may be less costly and more flexible in schedule.
Related Article: Is MMA in the Olympics?
MMA is a popular combat sport that combines striking and grappling techniques. It is a fascinating combat discipline that has millions of admirers all around the globe.
MMA classes range from $100 to $200 per month. But, this cost may vary depending on factors such as membership type, gym location, training quality, and instructor reputation/experience. Yet, individual and private MMA sessions may cost much more!
Mixed martial arts classes may bring several physical and mental benefits, making it a sensible investment. Use the information in this post to choose a quality MMA gym or club.
Related: Learn about the various weight classes in the UFC and become an expert in mixed martial arts. Click here to start exploring right away!