Taekwondo is a popular martial art that people of all ages and ability levels appreciate. It is an excellent alternative to enhance physical fitness, learn self-defense, or have fun. Thus, many individuals want to know how much TKD classes cost before joining.
Taekwondo classes may range in cost from $100 to $150. Yet, the Dojo location, the quality of training, and other variables may influence this cost.
Don’t allow the cost of training to prevent you from reaping the benefits of Taekwondo training. This article will examine the typical cost of TKD training and provide recommendations for finding less costly alternatives. Stay tuned!
How Much Do Taekwondo Classes Cost?
Taekwondo combat sports lessons can cost between $100 and $150 per month. However, the initial TKD lesson cost will be much higher than $150 because the practitioner will need to purchase several pieces of protective gear for training, among other things.
Indeed, this cost may vary depending on the quality of the coaching, location, and other considerations.
The table below displays the average Taekwondo class cost per day, month, and year.
|Training Period||TKD Fee|
|1 class||$20 – $40|
|Monthly (unlimited)||$100 – $150|
|Yearly (unlimited)||$1200 – $1800|
The cost of a TKD class varies depending on the Dojo. In addition, the prices of adult classes differ from one TKD Dojo to another; see the following example.
|Location||TKD Dojo||Monthly Class Cost||Yearly Class Cost|
|Chicago||Legacy TKD Academy||$150||$1600 – $1800|
|Libertyville, IL||Core Martial Arts and Fitness||$120 – $149||$1440 – $1800|
|Rockville||Kim Studio Martial Arts||$105 – $155||$1260|
Disclaimer: Please remember that these estimates may vary depending on the TKD gym’s location, membership type, and time of year. To get more precise pricing, research and obtain prices directly from the martial art school.
Are Taekwondo Classes Expensive Compared to Other Combat Sports?
Tae-Kwon-Do lessons may be in the same expense range as Karate, Judo, and Kickboxing. However, They may cost less than Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA classes.
Yet, the cost of equipment and gear differs amongst combat sports, which may affect the entire cost. Furthermore, particular gyms or clubs may charge more or less for combat sports depending on their reputation and quality of training.
Moreover, TKD Class rates vary based on location, number of sessions per week/month, etc. The table below will give you an idea about the average monthly class cost of various prominent martial arts such as TKD, boxing, Karate, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and judo.
|Martial Art||Average Monthly Cost|
|Taekwondo||$100 – $150|
|Kickboxing||$80 to $150|
|Boxing||$80 – $200|
|Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu||$150 – $350|
|Karate||$50 – $150|
|Judo||$100 – $200|
|Muay Thai||$100 – $250|
|MMA||$150 – $300|
Related: Don’t allow your busy schedule or lack of access to martial arts dojos to prevent you from reaching your fitness and self-defense objectives. Discover how to practice and enhance your martial arts talents from the comfort of your home; click here to learn more!
Why Do People Choose to Train In TKD Despite Class Fees?
Tae-Kwon-Do is an Olympic Korean martial art with millions of practitioners and fans.
People opt to train in TKD for a variety of reasons, despite the high cost of lessons:
- Taekwondo Popularity: Tkd is one of the most popular martial art. As a consequence, many individuals start learning TKD.
- Affordable TKD Training Prices: Many Taekwondo dojos and clubs offer low-cost membership options. Aside from that, they host several outdoor and recreational activities and a camp.
- Physical Health Benefits: TKD is a full-body workout that burns many calories while improving cardiovascular fitness. In addition, it’s a friendly and efficient method to exercise.
- Mental Health Benefits: Taekwondo is a fantastic technique for lowering stress and healthily directing negative energy.
- Self-Defense Benefits: TKD teaches its practitioners to protect themselves in dangerous circumstances using effective striking techniques.
- Passion and Interest: Many individuals practice in TKD because they are enthusiastic about the sport and want to increase their abilities and knowledge.
- Improve Self-Discipline: Tae-Kwon-Do improves attention, focus, and self-discipline while increasing self-esteem and confidence.
- Contests: Various competitions draw Taekwondo from around the world, including the Olympic Games, World Taekwondo Championships, etc.
How Can I Find Low-Cost Taekwondo Classes?
Finding a decent Taekwondo class at a reasonable price will be an excellent bargain for you or your children’s training. Consider the following strategies for cutting costs on Tae-Kwon-Do lessons:
- Search for Taekwondo classes performed at parks or community centers. These lessons are typically less expensive than those provided by private TKD dojos.
- Always request a free trial training session before acquiring any TKD class subscription. This might be an excellent opportunity to sample a class before committing to a monthly membership.
- Check for schools that offer discounted family memberships if numerous family members want to learn TKD.
- Avoid Single training sessions since they are the most costly. Thus, if the TKD dojo instruction is of high quality, consider a long-term membership to save money.
- Consider attending online TKD classes if they match your requirements. This is because online Taekwondo training at home may be less costly and more flexible in schedule.
Related: Take advantage of the advantages of boxing training! Learn more about boxing class costs and begin your martial arts career now; click here!
TKD is a fantastic Olympic combat sport with millions of adherents. it is a fantastic striking martial art for promoting fitness, self-defense, and overall health.
Taekwondo classes may cost anywhere from $100 and $150 per month. yet this fee may change depending on the membership type, Dojo location, training quality, and instructor reputation/experience, among other factors.
By studying, comparing Martial arts class fees, and examining the quality of coaching and training, you may make an excellent decision and find the best Taekwondo gym or club near you.
Related Article: Is Taekwondo Effective in a Street Fight?